Ingredients: Makes 2 (9-inch) cakes.
- 3 1/2 c. rice flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. butter
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. milk
- 1 (16 oz) can peaches, drained and diced (save juice for glaze)
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl and gradually add sugar, beating between additions.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- Add vanilla.
- Blend in dry ingredients gradually, alternating with milk, and ending with dry ingredients mixture.
- Add peaches, mixing until just combined.
- Spread batter into two greased and floured 9-inch round pie pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees F/160 degrees C for about one hour, or until done.
- Let cake stand in pans for ten minutes, then remove and cool completely on a baking rack.
Note: When baking with rice flour, it can take a bit longer to cook.